Sharp is one of only a few hospitals in the U.S. to offer a multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer care. At Sharp, a team of experts who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer coordinate your care.
Why Choose Sharp for Breast Cancer Treatment?
- Dedicated case managers — A vital part of the team of caregivers who assist you and your family members from the time you are diagnosed through your course of treatment. Case managers may handle such practical matters as scheduling appointments and arranging for you and your family to meet with the social worker. They can also provide individualized education and help you understand what your treatment options are, what to expect and how to manage the side effects of treatment.
- Free support groups — Available for breast cancer patients. At these groups, women can share their concerns and experiences of living with breast cancer and exchange ideas to discover new coping strategies.
- Integrative therapies — We offer complementary therapies such as nutritional counseling, Healing Touch and art classes.
- Long-term monitoring — Once you have completed your course of treatment, we provide comprehensive long-term monitoring with oncology, radiation, radiology and social services, including follow-up mammography and ultrasonography services.
- Lymphedema therapy —Following breast cancer surgery, patients are at risk of developing lymphedema, a painful condition of persistent swelling in an arm, leg or other body part. Sharp's lymphedema program offers complete therapy for persistent swelling of body parts.
- Personalized, comprehensive support and education — Including translation services, transportation assistance, community resources, financial assistance, help obtaining prostheses and wigs and much more.
- Sharp's breast cancer patient navigator programs