The staff at Sharp’s infusion therapy centers will work with you to make your experience as convenient and comfortable as possible.
Before Your Visit
- Your doctor’s office will make your first appointment.
- After your first appointment, you will schedule future appointments.
- Chemotherapy plans vary based on each patient’s individual needs. At your first appointment we will explain how long each of your future appointments will last.
- When you arrive, schedule your next visit with the team member at the front of our center.
- For your safety, our staff will verify your identity.
- A certified chemotherapy nurse will talk to you about your chemotherapy drugs.
- You may receive anti-nausea medication prior to chemotherapy.
- Your nurse will start an intravenous line or access your central line to administer your medication.
- Once your treatment begins, our team will closely monitor you and keep you comfortable throughout your visit.
Your Comfort Is Important to Us
- When you arrive one of our nurses will help you settle into a recliner.
- Feel free to invite family members or close friends to keep you company during your treatment; we have limited space and ask that you limit your visitors to two people per visit.
- We suggest that you dress in layers to ensure your comfort as the temperature naturally fluctuates during the day and throughout the space. We can also provide a warm blanket if you are cold.
- When you are here you will have your own TV with a VCR/DVD player and headphones. You are welcome to bring your own movies or watch one of the television channels.
- We provide coffee, tea, juice or soft drinks. Please feel free to bring any additional snacks, lunch or drinks to your appointment.
Find a San Diego Oncologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.