Sharp's cancer programs and services include screenings, clinical trials, prevention programs and aggressive cancer treatment options.
Each year, thousands of patients seek cancer treatment through Sharp HealthCare in San Diego. Most patients receive outpatient treatment — such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy and even some surgeries — without an overnight stay in the hospital.
Why Choose Sharp for Cancer Treatment?
- Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer for Sharp Chula Vista, Sharp Grossmont and Sharp Memorial
- Accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for all three of Sharp's cancer care hospitals, each offering breast cancer navigators for patients
- A leader in experimental clinical trials, offering access to the latest cancer treatments
- First in San Diego to offer Novalis® Shaped Beam Surgery for stereotactic radiosurgery, allowing high doses of radiation to be given to small areas of the brain
- First in San Diego to use the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System, providing less invasive procedures, less pain and faster recovery
- Full spectrum of cancer care available, from screening and prevention services to diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- One of the first in San Diego to offer the TrueBeam™ STx radiosurgery/radiotherapy system, providing an unprecedented era in radiation therapy speed, power and precision
- Only Helical TomoTherapy treatment center in San Diego providing state-of-the-art accuracy with image-guided radiation therapy and named a TomoTherapy National Center of Excellence
Cancer Programs and Services
Sharp offers a full range of cancer care services, including:
Additionally, Sharp offers the following specialty cancer services:
Cancer Conditions We Treat
Sharp treats numerous cancer conditions, including:
- Bone cancer
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Stomach cancer
Locations of Cancer Care Services in San Diego
We offer a wide range of cancer care services in San Diego at Sharp's acute-care hospitals and in conjunction with Sharp's affiliated medical groups:
Cancer Patient Stories
|Kari was only 35 years old when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Determined to fight, Kari utilized CarePages to communicate her story and to keep in touch with friends and family. Read patient stories by Kari and others now.
Find a San Diego Oncologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Cancer Care Information
To find general information about cancer, visit the Cancer Topics
in Adult Health or read the Cancer News