Welcome to Sharp Infusion Services, an outpatient infusion center.
If you're receiving infusion services at the Cancer Institute at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, here are some helpful hints on what to expect.
Before Your Visit
- Your doctor’s office will make your first appointment to visit this location.
- We'll let you know during your first visit approximately how long you can expect to be at the Infusion Center
- Check in at the front desk and schedule your next visit
- Identity will be verified
- One of our nurses will settle you into a recliner where you will have your own TV with a VCR/DVD player and headphones
- One of our nurses will start an intravenous line or access your central line
- Some patients will receive antinausea medication prior to starting chemotherapy
- The certified chemotherapy nurse will talk to you about your chemotherapy drugs here or at your doctor’s office prior to arrival
- Your treatment begins; you will be closely monitored and kept comfortable throughout your visit
Important to Know
- Coffee, tea, juice and soft drinks are available
- Due to space limitations we request no more than two family members or friends accompany you
- To ensure your own comfort it is best to dress in layers; we also provide warm blankets
- We have staff fluent in Spanish and Tagalog; it is suggested patients not fluent in English bring a family member to translate for them
- You are welcome to bring your own movies, snacks, lunch or drinks to your appointment
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
3075 Health Center Drive, Suite 102
San Diego, CA 92123
7 am to 5 pm
Monday through Friday
Find a San Diego Oncologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Cancer Care Information
To learn more, please contact Sharp Infusion Services at 858-939-5045.