Helping Patients and Their Families
Sharp HealthCare offers a comprehensive range of support services to help patients and their families manage their cancer and treatment.
- Complementary therapies such as pet therapy, therapeutic touch, music therapy, relaxation, meditation, hypnosis, journaling, guided imagery and healing touch
- Counseling for individuals, couples, families, groups and children
- Patient navigator programs for breast cancer patients
- Psychosocial assessments to help customize care for patients and their families
- Resources, referrals and education — we can help with connections to community agencies and programs like the American Cancer Society and the Susan G. Komen Foundation and can offer educational presentations for patients and families
- What to expect — support groups, what to expect after the loss of a loved one and services available
- Complimentary van transportation is offered for patient appointments (all types of cancer) at the Barnhart Cancer Center at Sharp Chula Vista. To arrange transportation, please contact front desk staff at 619-502-5851.
In addition, Sharp offers the following support groups for patients with cancer, their friends and family members.