Surgery Quality of Care Report
How does Sharp HealthCare rate in surgery care?
Specific types of surgical care have been shown to improve outcomes in surgery patients. The graph below shows how consistently Sharp provides these types of care to surgery patients. Higher scores mean more patients received all recommended treatments.
Recommended Care for Surgery
- Antibiotics are given within 1 hour before surgery to prevent infection
- An appropriate preventive antibiotic is used
- Preventive antibiotics are stopped within 2 days after surgery
- Blood sugar levels are kept under good control following surgery
- Pre-surgery hair removal is performed using clippers, rather than a razor, to decrease the risk of infection
- Patients on beta blocker medication at home receive beta blockers around the time of surgery
- Urinary catheters are removed within 2 days after surgery
- Patients' body temperatures are maintained during surgery
- Treatment to prevent blood clots in the legs and lungs is ordered and provided in a timely manner