CT Lung Cancer Screening at Sharp Chula Vista
With a recent recommendation from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and National Comprehensive Cancer Network, the Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, in partnership with San Diego Imaging – Chula Vista, offers current and former smokers meeting certain criteria annual CT scans, determined to be an effective tool in discovering cancer at an earlier stage. Through early detection, patients can benefit from improved treatment options and better outcomes.
At a Glance
- Endorsed by the American Medical Association, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, American Lung Association and American Cancer Society
- Must have a physician referral
- Intended for patients ages 55 to 80 with a smoking history of 30 or more pack years and less than 15 years of smoking cessation
- OR age 50 and up with a smoking history of 20 pack years or more and one additional risk factor, such as family history, disease history of COPD or pulmonary fibrosis, radon exposure or other occupational exposure
- Noninvasive, preventive screening tool
- Safe, low-dose radiation
Schedule a Screening
If you or a loved one meet the above criteria and are interested in scheduling a screening, please contact San Diego Imaging - Chula Vista at 619-796-7910. Please note that not all insurances cover this screening at this time. To determine eligibility, please contact your insurance provider.
Find a San Diego Oncologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a Sharp Chula Vista oncologist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.