Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is the most comprehensive medical center in the South Bay. The 343-bed hospital serves communities such as Chula Vista, Otay and Eastlake.
A Designated Planetree Patient-Centered Hospital, Sharp Chula Vista offers the Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center as well as the only Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Center in San Diego County for those who wish to avoid blood transfusions during surgery.
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center’s programs and services include:
- Accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Breast cancer patient navigator program
- Cardiac program, including cardiac rehabilitation, which has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the American Heart Association
- Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center, which offers the most advanced technology, a unique healing environment and an extraordinary level of care
- Fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons in joint replacement, sports medicine, hand surgery and trauma
- Minimally invasive da Vinci® robotic surgery
- Most advanced, comprehensive heart care available in San Diego's South Bay
- Social and spiritual care services
- Sophisticated diagnostic services and cancer treatment technologies, including brachytherapy, MammoSite intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and CT lung cancer screening
- State-of-the-art emergency department
- Women’s and infant services department
For a list of resources available in the community, visit Community Resources.
Help us continue our medical services, clinical research and health education in the community. Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center depends on your gifts and donations in order to continue to improve our health care services.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Learn about and view the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment.
For More Information
Get information about Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center visitor guidelines and calling a patient.