Junior volunteers are a welcomed part of Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center's Volunteer Services. Whether you wish to pursue a career in health care or are interested in learning about the rewards of volunteer service, a variety of positions provide unique academic and pre-professional opportunities.
To begin the junior volunteer application process, please read the following information.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 14 years old and have completed the 8th grade
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a sealed written recommendation from their school counselors
- Commitment is a minimum of one day per week — the shift is 3 hours, a total of 50 hours within the six months, between the months of January through June or July through December
- You must be able to commit for a minimum of six months, with the option to continue long-term
- Complete the application packet, which consists of the junior volunteer application form, parent consent form and the junior volunteer counselor evaluation form.
- Have your high school counselor complete the junior volunteer counselor evaluation form and return to you in a signed and sealed envelope.
- Return all of the above mentioned forms to Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services according to the following dates:
||Sept. 1 to Oct. 15
||4 pm on Oct. 15
||October to November
||January to June
||April 1 to May 15
||4 pm on May 15
||May to June
||July to December
- You will receive notification that your completed application has been received. Those applicants who are being considered for an available position will be invited to an interview. Those not being considered will receive written notification. It is not our policy to give feedback as to why an applicant was not selected for an interview.
- If your application is incomplete in any way, Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services is not obligated to notify you.
For More Information
If you have questions about the junior volunteer application process, please call the Volunteer Services office at 619-502-3606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.