Junior volunteers are a welcomed part of Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center's Volunteer Services. Whether you wish to pursue a career in health care or are interested in learning about the rewards of volunteer service, a variety of positions provide unique academic and pre-professional opportunities.
All applicants must:
Be at least 14 years old and have completed the 8th grade
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a sealed written recommendation from school counselors
Because of the 1-year commitment, we only accept applications from students in grades 9 through 11. High school seniors are welcome to apply to our
adult program once they graduate high school.
- Commit for a minimum of 1 year, with the option to continue long-term
- Commitment is a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week
- Complete the
application packet, which consists of the Junior Volunteer Application form, Parent Consent form, Junior Volunteer Teacher Evaluation form and unofficial transcripts.
- Have your high school teacher complete the Junior Volunteer Teacher Evaluation form and return to you in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Return all forms to Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services in person or by mail.
- Applicants considered for an available position will be invited to interview. Those not being considered will receive written notification. It is not our policy to give feedback as to why an applicant was not selected for an interview.
- If your application is incomplete in any way, Sharp Chula Vista Volunteer Services is not obligated to notify you.
For More Information
Learn about the
health requirements for volunteers prior to applying. Complete instructions on health requirements are covered in full at the in-person orientation. No action is required prior to application or orientation.
If you have questions about the junior volunteer application process, please call the Volunteer Services office at 619-502-3606 or email