Specializing in compassionate care for women and families in the South Bay.
As the South Bay's largest provider of health care services for women and infants, the Women's and Infants Services Department at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is committed to providing an environment in which the most advanced programs and services are offered with an unsurpassed level of courtesy and caring.
Why Choose Sharp Chula Vista's Women's Health Services?
- 24-hour electronic infant surveillance for your baby's protection
- Cord blood banking option
- Free postpartum classes that cover topics like breastfeeding, caring for your newborn at home and more
- Full range of inpatient and outpatient gynecologic procedures, including robotic and laparoscopic surgery
- Lactation specialists provide one-on-one assistance with breastfeeding
- More than 3,200 deliveries each year
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) equipped with advanced technology and expert staff to care for infants requiring special medical attention
- Operating and recovery rooms dedicated to major and minor women's procedures
- Our friendly volunteers brew and deliver fresh Starbucks coffee, tea and cookies to patients and their loved ones every day between 3 and 7 pm
- Personalized accommodations, including birthing balls and aromatherapy
- Spacious, state-of-the-art labor and delivery suites and private and shared postpartum rooms provide you and your baby with maximum comfort during your stay
Women's Health Programs and Services
The Women's and Infants Services Department at Sharp Chula Vista specializes in the obstetrical care of expectant mothers, newborn and neonatal intensive care services, inpatient and outpatient gynecological procedures, postoperative care and lactation services, as well as offering vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
services. We also offer free lactation support groups in English and Spanish, as well as childbirth education and infant care classes
Sharp Chula Vista's Women's Health Team
Our multidisciplinary team of experts includes obstetricians/gynecologists, perinatologists, neonatologists, pediatricians, anesthesiologists, specially trained nurses, diabetes specialists, dietitians, lactation specialists, social workers and other support staff.
Women's and Infants Services Visiting Information
These guidelines help provide a safe environment for mothers and babies. All visitors must sign in at the security desk.
- Parents of visiting children must complete a health assessment form for each child
- The father, co-parent or support person (age 18 and over) may stay overnight with you and visit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The new baby's siblings — and any visitors ages 12 and older — may visit from 11 am to 8 pm
- Visiting hours are 11 am to 8 pm
Women's and Infants Services Location
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
751 Medical Center Court
Chula Vista, CA 91911
For More Women's Health Information
To learn more about Sharp's programs for women's health, please visit Women's Care
. To find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for a San Diego OBGYN
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.