The Motion Center, a health club at Sharp Coronado Hospital, is an outpatient and inpatient resource for Coronado residents with sports-related and other injuries.
Why Choose Sharp Coronado's Motion Center?
- Guided fitness classes give participants a chance to learn new exercises and burn calories in a supportive group setting
- Low-cost memberships are available to members of the public
- The fitness area has state-of-the art equipment, including cardiovascular machines, treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbent bikes, rowers, StairMasters, weight-training equipment and free weights
- The Motion Center is designed for people of all ages and abilities to exercise in a safe environment
The Motion Center's Programs and Services
The Motion Center at Sharp Coronado Hospital provides a wide range of services to improve health and wellness, such as:
- Acupuncture — This practice uses fine needles to target specific points on the body to relieve pain and reduce stress. Cost is $70 per 50-minute session. Please call 619-522-3729 for an appointment.
- Massage Therapy — Provided by a licensed massage therapist to enhance health and wellness using muscle work to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm and stress. Cost is $65 per 50-minute session. Please call 619-522-3729 for an appointment.
- Personalized Health and Fitness Plans — Individual metabolism is key to managing weight and nutrition. For this program, a personalized two-part health and fitness plan will be developed for you by our dietitian and professional fitness trainer.
- Personal Training — One-on-one training session with certified fitness instructors on a variety of programs such as flexibility training, strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, coordination, balance training and many more.
- Strength Training 101 — A small group training environment for those new to strength training. We will learn the basic fundamentals of a strength training program, focusing on proper technique and safety.
- Weight Management/Acupuncture — This popular weight-loss program is designed to motivate participants toward mindful eating and safe weight loss. Each session will consist of an acupuncture treatment, guided meditation and a short presentation of material from the teacher or guest lecturer.
The Motion Center Team
The Motion Center staff provides weight-training programs for seniors and for those who suffer from serious illness or injury.
The Motion Center's Location
Sharp Coronado Hospital
250 Prospect Place, 3rd Floor
Coronado, CA 92118
For More Information
The Motion Center is open Monday through Friday, 6 am to 7 pm, and Saturday, 8 am to 12 pm. To view a schedule of class times, please go to Calendar of Classes and Events
. To contact the Motion Center directly, call 619-522-3798.
To learn more about Sharp's rehabilitation services or to find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego physical therapist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. To find general information about rehabilitation, visit Rehabilitation in Adult Health or read the Rehabilitation News archive.