Caring for Coronado and San Diego
The Orthopedic Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital provides highly advanced and comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and therapy for arthritic and orthopedic conditions, which is why the hospital is one of the leading destinations for Total Joint Replacement surgery in San Diego County. Throughout all phases of care, our team of physicians, nurses, employees and volunteers focus on helping patients reach their highest level of functioning and wellness.
Why Choose Sharp Coronado's Orthopedics Services?
- 8 out of 10 patients return home within 3 1/2 days of surgery
- Consistently high patient satisfaction scores
- Expert clinical care enriched with “spa at the bedside” services
- First hospital in San Diego County to use minimally invasive technology for treating chronic osteoarthritis knee pain
- Fully equipped Sewall Healthy Living Center for physical therapy and postoperative strength building
- High-volume orthopedic service with more than 1,500 elective joint replacement surgeries performed each year
- Long-term monitoring and follow-up service for hip replacements
- One of the few hospitals in the country delivering continuous femoral nerve block, lumbar plexus block, interscalene block and regional anesthesia
- Patients participate in their care through education, unrestricted access to medical records and the Care Partners Program, which brings patients’ family members into the care process
Orthopedics Services Location
Sharp Coronado Hospital
250 Prospect Place
Coronado, CA 92118
For More Orthopedics Information
To learn more about orthopedic services at Sharp Coronado Hospital, call 619-522-3604. For help choosing a Sharp-affiliated orthopedic surgeon, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or search San Diego orthopedic surgeons.