We've transformed The Motion Center in to a beautiful, spa-like destination, now known as the Sewall Healthy Living Center. The 6,500-square-foot holistic center offers our community a safe, welcoming place to focus on wellness. Here, you can strengthen your body with exercise, restore functionality with rehabilitation services, and refresh your spirit with a massage or acupuncture.
Our staff is comprised of rehabilitation therapists, certified fitness instructors and integrative therapy practitioners, dedicated to helping you achieve your optimal health and well being. They encourage questions, empower you with education and customize your visits based on your needs and abilities. It’s all part of the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
The Sewall Healthy Living Center provides a wide range of services to guide you to your healthiest life.
Live your life with dignity and in optimal health:
- Sauna — Increase blood flow and help your body unwind prior to your treatment with the warm, dry heat of our sauna.
- Acupuncture — Target specific points on the body to relieve pain, reduce stress and promote health and healing with the help of our licensed acupuncturists.
- Massage Therapy — Prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasms and stress while enjoying a sense of serenity and well being with muscle work provided by one of our licensed massage therapists.
Heal to the highest degree of functioning possible:
- Physical, Hand and Occupational Therapies — If you’ve suffered from an illness or injury, our therapists can help you restore functionality, relieve pain and discomfort and strengthen your body to reacclimate to everyday life.
- Speech Therapy — Improve the sound, strength and comfort of your voice, or ease difficulties eating and swallowing safely.
- Nutrition Counseling — Learn how to achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle by working with a registered dietitian nutritionist to create a plan tailored to your goals.
Grow in all the ways that have meaning for you:
- Fitness Classes — Feel confident as you exercise in our studio under the guidance of our certified fitness instructors in a supportive group environment. Exercises can be modified for standing, sitting or lying. Check out our group fitness class schedule.
- Activity Suite — Exercise at your own pace with our state-of-the-art equipment, including treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbent bikes, rowers, StairMasters®, weight-training machines and free weights.
- Personal Training — Improve flexibility, strength, cardiovascular conditioning, coordination and balance with one-on-one training sessions from a certified fitness instructor.
Healthy Living Center Location
Sharp Coronado Hospital
250 Prospect Place, 3rd Floor
Coronado, CA 92118
Complimentary valet parking is available at the front entrance to the hospital from 7 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Watch a photo slideshow spotlighting the Sewall Healthy Living Center:
For More Information
The Healthy Living Center is open Monday through Friday, 6 am to 7 pm, and Saturday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. To view the fee schedule or class schedule, please go to Fee Schedule
or Calendar of Classes and Events
To schedule a tour of the Sewall Healthy Living Center or for more information, including class schedules or services, call 619-522-3729.