Our subacute program is designed for residents with respiratory and other medical challenges who require a higher level of care than can be provided in their home, but do not require acute-care hospitalization.
If you are considering subacute care for your loved one, take the first step by contacting your primary care physician or discharge planner to determine which level of care is best. If you would like to schedule a tour of our facility, contact our admissions coordinator at 619-522-3730.
Why Choose Sharp for Subacute Care?
- Access to acute care is available if physicians determine that such services are necessary
- Our multidisciplinary team works with residents and their loved ones to develop personalized care plans that focus on the resident’s health, as well as his or her social, emotional and spiritual well being
- Physicians, nurses and social workers help the resident's family and friends learn to be part of the care experience
- Skilled respiratory therapists adhere to national safety and quality guidelines, providing support to residents who need short- or long-term respiratory management and advanced services, including a ventilator weaning program for those who are medically eligible
- Under the direction of our subacute care medical director, our team looks for every opportunity to provide personalized care and keep friends and family members engaged in residents' lives
Subacute Care Services
Our residents enjoy the following personalized services:
- Access to integrative therapies like comfort massage, Healing Touch and aromatherapy
- Advanced nutritional assessment, which matches residents' nutrition needs with their food preferences
- Entertainment and activities that enhance residents' social and emotional well-being
- Medical social services
- Religious services
We also host family support groups to give friends and family members the encouragement and nurturing they need during their loved one's health care journey.
Subacute Care Location
For More Information
255 Soledad St.
Coronado, CA 92118
Sharp Coronado's Subacute Unit is located next to the main hospital. If you are interested in meeting our admissions coordinator or taking a tour, please contact our admissions coordinator at 619-522-3730. To learn more about subacute care, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm.