Aquatic Recreational Therapy
Our recreational therapy aquatic programs include a number of ongoing, community-geared classes.
- Adaptive Aquatics Program — Class is designed for individuals who have a physical disability as a result of a stroke, illness or accident; the content of each class session varies according to the individual's needs and interests.
- Ai Chi (new program) — Ai Chi is adapted from Tai Chi and Watsu, with the added benefits associated with pool-based therapies, including improved circulation and muscle tone. Ai Chi is ideal for conditions such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis and low back pain. Classes meet twice a week.
- Aquacise — Gentle water exercise class.
- Arthritis Aquatic Program — Gentle water exercise class for individuals with arthritis; physician consent is required every six months for this program.
- Infant Water Adjustment — Infants and toddlers (ages 6 months to 3 years) enjoy a positive water experience with their parents in our warm indoor pool while learning preswimming skills through enjoyable, age-appropriate play (held on Tuesdays or Saturdays, once a week)
- SPLASH (Special People Learn Adjustment Skills in the H2O) — Water adjustment class designed for infants and children who have special conditions.
For more information about the Recreation Therapy Program, please call 619-740-4104.