Sharp Grossmont's Outpatient Imaging Center provides state-of-the-art imaging services to the East County community.
Why Choose Sharp Grossmont's Outpatient Imaging Center?
- Awarded accreditation in computed tomography from the American College of Radiology (ACR), which represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety
- Our 13,000-square-foot Outpatient Imaging Center allows the hospital to provide patients with the most cutting-edge imaging technology under one roof
- State-of-the-art imaging services include ultrasound and MRI capabilities, the most sophisticated CT scanner on the market for noninvasive angiography procedures, digital imaging and online report capabilities for speedy access to results
- The lab is located on the second floor of the building, offering patients added convenience and an alternative to visiting a separate location on the hospital campus
- The Center is housed in the medical office building adjacent to the hospital campus, offering patients a convenient location and same-day appointments (upon approval) for outpatient imaging needs
Imaging Patient Services
In addition to providing the latest technology, Sharp's commitment to excellence in patient care is evident throughout the center, with a number of patient-friendly features incorporated into its design:
- The Center's sleek, modern design provides a healing environment with ample natural light and soothing colors
- Sectioned registration areas to help maintain patients’ privacy
- Sub-waiting areas and multiple changing rooms within each procedural station to help improve patient flow and reduce wait times
Programs and Services
This system combines two types of scans — PET (positron emission tomography) and CT (computed tomography) — to give a picture of your organs, tissue, and bones. These scans are most commonly used to screen for cancer and for post-treatment follow-up screenings. Our efficient, advanced imaging technology is highly accurate, reduces radiation exposure and is able to detect even very small lesions.
These specialized exams are designed to look closely at the gastrointestinal track, including the stomach, small bowel and colon. A continuous X-ray beam is passed through the body part and transmitted to a monitor so that both the body part and its motion can be seen in detail.
We offer a wide variety of imaging exams using the latest in digital technology.
Prior to receiving your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), we will carefully screen you and help you onto the imaging table. To help make what can sometimes be a stressful experience more comforting, you can choose music to listen to during the procedure.
We offer a 64-slice computerized tomography (CT) scan, and are accredited by the American College of Radiology. This advanced technology allows for rapid scanning of the body, and can also include 3-D scans. Because we want to be sure you are exposed to the smallest amount of radiation possible, we use the latest in radiation dose reduction software.
All our sonographers are board-certified register diagnostic medical sonographers and perform exams of the abdomen, pelvis, kidneys and other body parts.
Outpatient Imaging Center Location
Grossmont Medical Terrace
8860 Center Drive, Level 1 (adjacent to the hospital campus)
La Mesa, CA 91942Get directions
For More Information
To learn more about outpatient imaging services, call 619-740-4045. To find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for San Diego doctors
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.