Helping patients return to life’s activities.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital’s rehabilitation program offers a wide range of services that allows patients who have had a catastrophic injury or disabling illness to more easily return to their highest level of independence. We offer rehabilitation services at two locations — at the Sharp Grossmont Rehabilitation Center on the hospital campus, as well as the Brier Patch facility behind the hospital.
Why Choose Sharp Grossmont's Rehabilitation Services?
- Our rehabilitation facilities are well designed and spacious, with large windows and well-appointed landscape that facilitates a calm, healing environment
- Our team guides patients through the various stages of care to provide seamless transitions from the acute-care hospital to inpatient rehabilitation to home
- We are recognized in the top 9 percent out of more than 805 rehabilitation centers across the nation for patient outcomes
- We foster a continuous learning environment for patients and their families to understand treatments and procedures thoroughly
- We have one of the few rehabilitation programs in San Diego to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for exceeding patient outcomes in the stroke specialty program
Rehabilitation Programs and Services
Outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation is available for patients in need of rehabilitation care.
- Aquatic Recreational Therapy Program, which includes adaptive aquatics, Ai Chi, aquacise, arthritis aquatics and infant water adjustment
- Balance and Vestibular Program
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Voice and swallowing services
Rehabilitation Services Locations
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Rehabilitation Services
5555 Grossmont Center Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
Fax: 619-740-8400Get directions
Sharp Grossmont Brier Patch Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
9000 Wakarusa Road
La Mesa, CA 91942
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Hand therapy
Rehabilitation Services Team
The rehabilitation team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes board-certified rehabilitation physicians; nurses; social workers; physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists; neurological psychologists; and case managers.
For More Rehabilitation Information
To find out more about Sharp HealthCare's rehabilitation programs, please visit Rehabilitation
in Sharp Services. For more information about the Recreation Therapy Program, please call 619-740-4104.
To find a Sharp-affiliated physician
who can refer you to a physical therapist, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
Please note that Sharp HealthCare does not control or endorse the information presented on external websites, nor do these websites endorse the information found on www.sharp.com