Caring for the Women of East County
The Women's Health Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers comprehensive services for women at all stages of life. As the first center of its kind in San Diego County, we are dedicated to providing a healing, family-centered environment for women and newborn infants.
Why Choose Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Women's Health Services?
- A full range of minimally invasive inpatient and outpatient gynecologic procedures are available to reduce recovery time — including robotic and laparoscopic surgeries
- Comfortable, homelike setting with 48 private suites for labor/delivery, postpartum and surgical patients
- Nationally ranked in the top 10th percentile for patient satisfaction in maternal/infant health services by Press Ganey
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital delivers more than 3,600 babies each year
Women's Health Programs and Services
A Family-Centered Approach to Caring for Mothers and Newborns
The Women's Health Center provides a full range of services to mothers, from pregnancy, delivery and beyond. As part of our family-centered approach we:
- Encourage family members to participate in the birthing experience
- Offer expanded, elevated-level NICU services
- Promote exclusive breastfeeding and skin-to-skin time between mother and baby
- Support all mothers with their birthing choices
Comprehensive Gynecologic and Women's Reproductive Services
Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers minimally invasive treatments for women of all ages through its laparoscopic and advanced robotic surgery programs. These options require only small incisions, resulting in less pain and scarring and quicker recovery times than traditional methods.
Ongoing Classes and Women's Health Education
Taking care of your own health is important so that you are able to care for the ones you love. Our educational classes and events cover a wide variety of topics, from parenting and childbirth, to women's health and wellness.
Find an OBGYN
To find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for a San Diego OBGYN or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.