ACLS Provider Class
Starts Monday, March 17
This two-day class is designed for health care providers who direct or participate in the management of cardiovascular emergencies.
Presented by Sharp Cardiac Training Center
This two-day American Heart Association (AHA) class is designed for health care providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
Students are required to manage the 10 core ACLS cases:
- Five types of prearrest emergencies (bradycardia, stable bradycardia, stable tachycardia, unstable tachycardia and acute coronary syndromes)
- Four types of cardiac arrest (simple VF/VT, complex VF/VT, PEA and asystole)
- Respiratory emergency
Students will receive a two-year AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course Completion Card.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or login to your account to cancel online.
For Standard: A fee of 100 percent will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 24 hours before the event.
If you selected the option with the BLS renewal card in the materials section, please follow the instructions below:
- When you sign up, add the option with the BLS renewal card to your cart.
- Once purchased, your "BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1" course key will be emailed to you by 5 pm the next business day.
- The e-mail that you receive will include a link to the website where you will activate your course key, complete the 10 mandatory checkpoints, written evaluation and evaluation survey at your convenience.
- Print the online completion certificate. The certificate is valid for 60 days from the date of completion.
- Bring your completion certificate to your ACLS class and complete the skills assessment there.
- Upon a successful assessment, we will issue you a two-year AHA Healthcare Providers Card at the end of your ACLS class.
Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified by phone two days before the class and will have the opportunity to attend another date or receive a full refund of the registration fee.
Students who arrive after the first five minutes of class will be asked to reschedule.
What to Bring
It is mandatory that you bring the following with you to class in order to proceed with testing:
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider card (no copies) if you are renewing BLS at ACLS
- AHA ACLS Provider Student Manual
- 2010 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- 2010 ACLS Preparatory Study Guide or ACLS Student Study guide
- Photo ID
Complete the following self-assessment modules:
- BLS skills
- ECG rhythm interpretation
- Effective resuscitation team concepts
- Drug and pharmacology
- Practical application of ACLS rhythms and drugs
The self assessments are available online.
Students will receive feedback to identify areas of weakness to help address before the course. See pages 2-3 in the ACLS Student Provider Manual for more information.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider No. 70) for up to 16 contact hours.
Free parking in the Brier Patch lot.
ACLS Provider Class
If you have questions about an event or anything else, our consumer information specialists are here to help you. Specialists are available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm to take your call. Call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
We have received your request. A consumer information specialist will contact you within one business day.