Classes and Events
Baby Care Class for Grandparents
Update your knowledge about what's new in baby care.
Information covered will include:
- Brief history of childbirth
- 1950s: when moms were put to sleep
- 1970s: when Lamaze was the "thing to do"
- Today: where moms have choices and are more involved in the decision making
- Family-centered event
- Diapering, burping, bathing and calming techniques (hands-on participation with dolls)
- SIDS information
- Car seat safety
- Back-to-sleep strategies
- Swaddling: Dr. Harvey Karp, the 5 S's
- Infant CPR
- A grandparent's special role in the life of their grandchild