Classes and Events
Care of the Stroke Patient Class
This class will provide Sharp HealthCare critical care RNs and LVNs, as well as rehabilitation and stroke unit staff members, with an overview on essential care for stroke patients. The class covers topics such as information pertinent to assessment, treatment, patient education and core measures.
At the completion of the course, each attendee will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the clinical presentation of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Have a better understanding of the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and management of acute ischemic stroke and hemorrhagic stroke
- Compare and contrast the management of patients with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the diagnostic tests utilized for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Discuss the etiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
Breakfast will be provided.