Crucial Accountability Class for Sharp Metro Campus Leads and Above
Starts Friday, Oct. 3
Crucial Accountability is a class offered by Sharp University for leads and above. Please call 1-800-82-SHARP to register.
Presented by Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus
This multiday course teaches a step-by-step process to enhance accountability, improve performance and ensure execution. Learn how to talk about violated expectations in a way that solves problems while improving relationships, which can lead to improved individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
The objectives for this course include:
Before the confrontation:
- Identify the right problem and decide if and how to deal with it
- Take charge of emotions by viewing problems through sources of influence
During the confrontation:
- Describe the problem in a way that sets the right tone for everything that follows
- Diagnose whether the problem is due to motivation, ability or both
- Make it motivating without having to rely on power
- Make it easy by jointly identifying and removing barriers
- Deal with interruptions and side issues without getting sidetracked
After the confrontation:
- Determine whether the confrontation is completely resolved
- Set clear action plans and follow-up methods
To register for this class, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm. Please provide the agent with your name, employee number, entity and department name and cost center number.
This class will be facilitated by Connie Duquette, Marykay Shibley and Yolanda Macias.
Please note that the class on Oct. 3, will take place in Knollwood Room D and the class on Oct. 10, will be in Knollwood Room C.
Parking Information: Parking is available on the street in front of the Knollwood Building or in the garage on Birmingham Drive. The entrance to the Birmingham parking garage requires an activated employee badge.
This class is for leads and above only. Please register only for a class date held at your entity. Participants must attend all sessions to complete the training.
All instructors are VitalSmarts™ Crucial Accountability™ Certified Trainers.
Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start time of the class and give yourself ample time to find parking.
What to Bring
Please bring a pen to class.
Participants should dress in layers to accommodate fluctuating room temperatures.
A lunch break will be provided. You are welcome to bring food and beverages or visit the campus cafeteria.
This course is Sharp HealthCare provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider No. 70, for 16 contact hours.
- ABRA: Assaultive Behavior Response Assessment Training Class
- Advanced HeartMate II Patient Management Class
- Advanced Preceptor Class for Nursing
- Basic 12-Lead Electrocardiogram Class at Sharp Memorial
- Basic 12-Lead Electrocardiogram Class at Sharp Mesa Vista
- CCRN Certification Exam Review Series for Sharp Memorial RNs
Crucial Accountability Class
If you have questions about an event or anything else, our consumer information specialists are here to help you. Specialists are available right now to take your call. Call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) to get started.
We have received your request. A consumer information specialist will contact you within one business day.