Classes and Events
Do No Harm: 13th Annual Patient Safety Conference
This 13th annual conference is open to Sharp-affiliated physicians, pharmacists, laboratorians, nurses, executives, administrators and other interested health care providers. It will focus on Sharp HealthCare's journey to excellence and high reliability organization (HRO) initiative.
Faculty will discuss tools and strategies to help Sharp achieve highly reliable systems, structures, processes and behaviors. Participants will learn about the connection between employee and patient safety and how to create joy and meaning in their work. Discover how to partner with patients and family for safer care, how a physician creates a culture of communication openness, and more.
At the end of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Define their role to achieve highly reliable processes (habit, mindfulness, assertiveness, teamwork)
- Describe individual vs. system failure modes
- Discuss how to partner with patients and their families
- Identify barriers to highly reliable processes and how to mitigate them
- List ways to find joy and meaning in their workplace