Classes and Events
Healthier Living Workshop
Attend this six-week class and learn how to manage the challenges of living with a chronic disease, including diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, arthritis and other conditions.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Nutrition to improve well being
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation often associated with chronic disease
Classes are highly participative and supportive. Family members or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition, as well as community members interested in becoming more physically and socially active, are also welcome to attend.
This class is also held in Spanish, please visit Clase de Tomando Control de su Salud for more information.