Attend this six-week class and learn how to manage the challenges of living with a chronic disease, including diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, arthritis and other conditions.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Nutrition to improve well-being
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation often associated with chronic disease
Classes are highly participative and supportive. Family members or friends of someone with an ongoing health condition, as well as community members interested in becoming more physically and socially active, are also welcome to attend.
This class is also held in Spanish, please visit Clase de Tomando Control de su Salud for more information.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
Free parking is available in front of the building.
Healthier Living will not conflict with existing programs or treatment. It is designed to enhance regular treatment and disease-specific education.
Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with chronic conditions themselves.