Classes and Events
Heart Attack and Stroke Screening
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Register for a CardioHealth ultrasound and learn your risk of developing heart disease.
The CardioHealth ultrasound allows doctors to better assess risk and helps you take steps to prevent heart attack and stroke. With the pass of a wand, doctors can scan patients for hidden plaque build-up and increased thickness in the artery wall, both common signs of cardiovascular disease.
The heart attack and stroke screening includes:
- Advanced blood pressure screening (SphygmoCor® XCEL technology), which includes blood pressure at and around your heart and an indirect measurement of arterial stiffness which provides information about the health of your arteries and risk for heart disease and stroke
- Lipid cholesterol panel
- 10-year-heart attack risk
- Blood glucose test
- Cardiac c-reactive blood test
- CardioHealth carotid ultrasound
- Review of family history
- Body fat measurement
- Body mass index (BMI) and hip to waist ratio
- Homocysteine blood test
- Metabolic syndrome screening
- Heart-health consultation
- Ankle-brachial index ultrasound to detect peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
Following your screening, you will receive a personal consultation to discuss your findings and answer any questions you might have. If needed, we will design a follow up treatment plan involving your primary care physician.
The CardioHealth ultrasound is offered as part of the vascular screenings and executive health assessments available at the Cushman Wellness Center at the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion.