IABC Basics Class
Monday, Oct. 13
Course on providing nursing care to a patient with a Datascope intra-aortic balloon pump
Presented by Sharp Grossmont Hospital
This course is designed to prepare the nurse to provide nursing care to the patient with a Datascope intra-aortic balloon pump. Participants should have experience with hemodynamic monitoring.
All nurses are welcome to attend a class at any of the locations. IABC concepts and pumps are the same at all locations.
Upon completion of this class, the participant will be able to:
- Correlate the anatomy and physiology associated with the cardiac cycle to an arterial pressure waveform
- Define two physiological effects achieved by the mechanics of inflation and deflation of the IABP
- Delineate major complications associated with IABP therapy
- Demonstrate proper set up of the Datascope IABP and initiation of pumping
- Describe the nursing care for patients requiring IABP support
- Discuss the consequences of improper IABP timing
- Identify four indications and three contraindications for IABP therapy
- Troubleshoot commonly encountered alarm/trigger/timing conditions for the Datascope IABP
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or login to your account to cancel online.
For Standard: A fee of $20 will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 2 days before the event.
Presented by Pam Le Blanc, RN, BSN, Clinical Support Specialist, Maquet.
What to Bring
Please bring your completion certificate and study guide with you to class.
Participants should have experience with hemodynamic monitoring and it is mandatory that they complete the Accredited E Learning: IABC Theory Program, which is available at http://ca.maquet.com. Please bring the completion certificate to class.
This course is Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #70) for 4.5 contact hours.
You must bring your RN license with you to the class to receive the CEU's.
Park in the Visitor Parking Structure (*P). Parking is free for visits under an hour. For one to four-hour visits, the rate is $3. Fees beyond 4 hours are an additional $2 every 15 minutes with a maximum of $20 a day. A multiday parking pass is available from the parking attendant for $15.
IABC Basics Class
If you have questions about an event or anything else, our consumer information specialists are here to help you. Specialists are available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm to take your call. Call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
We have received your request. A consumer information specialist will contact you within one business day.