Classes and Events
NRP Provider Course
The course focuses on hands-on learning of technical skills, integrated skills, simulation and constructive de-briefing so that health professionals may develop optimal knowledge and skills in resuscitation.
This Neonatal Resuscitation Program class uses an evidence-based approach to teach newborn resuscitation to health care professionals, including physicians, registered nurses, physician assistants and respiratory care practitioners, who have no previous experience.
Completion of the program does not imply that an individual has the competence to perform neonatal resuscitation.
This class is based on the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American Health Association (AHA) International Guidelines for Emergency Cardiovascular Care of the Newborn.
All students must complete the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics/American Heart Association Guidelines for Neonatal Resuscitation (6th Edition) self-study and online written examination prior to the date of their class. There is a fee of $23.50, which is not covered in the cost of registration:
- Go to the NRP website: www.aap.org/nrp.
- Click on the logo: "Click Here NRP Online Examination" and view the requirement information prior to taking the examination.
- Pay the online fee and follow instructions on how to obtain continuing education credits.
- Upon completion of the exam, print the exam completion certificate and submit it to the instructor on the day of the simulation training.
- Lessons 1-4 + 9: Nurses working in mother-baby dyad care, lactation
- Lessons 1-9: Nurses /RT's working in NICU, LDR, Triage, Antepartum, OB OR/PACU
Please make sure that you complete the 6th Edition NRP test and not the 7th Edition. The 7th edition classes are slated to begin Jan. 1, 2017.