The course focuses on hands-on learning of technical skills, integrated skills, simulation and constructive de-briefing so that health professionals may develop optimal knowledge and skills in resuscitation.
This Neonatal Resuscitation Program class uses an evidence-based approach to teach newborn resuscitation to health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, and respiratory care practitioners.
Completion of the program does not imply that an individual has the competence to perform neonatal resuscitation.
This class is based on the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Health Association International Guidelines for Emergency Cardiovascular Care of the Newborn.
If you need to cancel your registration for this event,
please call 1-800-827-4277 Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or log in to your account to cancel online.
A fee of $100
will be deducted from the amount paid if you cancel your registration less than 48 hours
before the event.
Parking is available in the structures at the front and back of the main hospital, as well as the large lot behind the main hospital. Paid valet parking is available to patients and visitors Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
To successfully complete the course, it is recommended that you review all the material in advance.
You must bring your picture ID and online exam completion certificate.
All students must complete the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics/American Heart Association Guidelines for Neonatal Resuscitation (6th Edition) self study and online written examination prior to the date of their class:
- Go to the NRP website.
- Click on the logo: "Click Here NRP Online Examination" and view the requirement information prior to taking the examination.
- Pay the online fee and follow instructions on how to obtain continuing education credits.
- Upon completion of the exam, print the exam completion certificate and submit it to the instructor on the day of the simulation training.
- Lessons 1-4 + 9: Nurses working in mother-baby dyad care, lactation
- Lessons 1-9: Nurses /RT's working in NICU, LDR, Triage, Antepartum, OB OR/PACU