Classes and Events
Obesity Crisis Conference for Health Care Providers
As obesity rates continue to rise, so does the need for health care providers who have an acute understanding of the issues faced by severely overweight patients.
This year’s conference theme is “Practical Approaches to the Care of the Obese Patient”. Experts will address topics associated with obesity, including the behavioral, biological, medical, surgical and ergonomic impact. They will also share current evidence-based interventions.
At the end of this conference, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the impact and underlying causes of the obesity crisis
- Summarize the unique perioperative and pain management considerations for patients affected by obesity
- Apply effective communication strategies for lifestyle changes
- State current behavioral, medical and surgical interventions that may assist patients with weight loss and maintenance of a healthy weight
- Discuss the effect of the microbiome and the relationship with obesity
- Incorporate ergonomic strategies and appropriate equipment for safe patient mobilization
- Explain the impact of obesity on sleep quality and current treatment options
More information, including the agenda and speaker biographies, is available on the conference website.
If this conference is full, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, and asked to be placed on our waitlist.