Classes and Events
Obesity Crisis Conference for Health Care Providers
As obesity rates continue to rise, so does the need for health care providers who have an acute understanding of the issues faced by severely overweight patients.
This year’s conference theme is “Practical Approaches to the Care of the Obese Patient”. Experts will address topics associated with obesity, including the behavioral, biological, medical, surgical and social impact. They will also share current evidence-based interventions.
At the end of this conference, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the impact and changes in relationships following weight loss surgery
- Summarize the manifestations of obesity and an individual’s epigenetics
- Apply effective interventions to manage the care of the gerontological patient with obesity
- State exercises which may be utilized to maintain a healthy weight or lose weight
- Discuss the current and innovative trends in bariatric surgery
- Share the unique considerations when caring for critically ill bariatric patients
- Explain the relationship between diabetes and obesity and share prevention strategies
More information, including the agenda and speaker biographies, is available on the conference website.
If this conference is full, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, and asked to be placed on our waitlist.