Patient Safety Summit
Wednesday, June 4
This four-hour workshop focuses on improving patient-centered care.
Presented by Sharp Grossmont Hospital
The Third Semiannual Patient Safety Summit is geared toward Sharp HealthCare-affiliated hospital and outpatient care staff and physicians. Sharp initiated Always Events in an effort to determine root causes of sentinel events. Always Events focuses on improving the delivery of patient-centered care and increasing communication and collaboration among health care professionals, patients and their families.
Guest speakers from Sharp Grossmont Hospital and across the system will share information on the following topics:
- Achieving performance excellence
- Hand hygiene
- Safety initiatives across the system
- Recent sentinel events related to Always Events
- Safety during surgery
- Safe medication initiatives
If you need to cancel your registration for this event, please call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277) Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or login to your account to cancel online.
A complimentary breakfast will be provided.
- Dale Beatty, Vice President of Patient Care, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cheryl Dailey, Director of Patient Safety, Sharp HealthCare
- Cindy Ripplinger, Director of Surgical Services, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Karen Maceno, RN, MSN, PHN, CIC, Senior Specialist - Performance Improvement, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Adriana Robles, PharmD, Safe Medication Practice Pharmacy Specialist, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
8 am — Welcome
8:05 am — Always Events
8:20 am — Patient Identification
8:50 am — Safe Medication Practice
9:35 am — Simulations
10:05 am — Safe Surgery
10:55 am — TeamSTEPPS and Always Events
11:25 am — Simulations
11:55 am — Close and Evaluations
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time of the class in order to sign in.
This course is provider-approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider No. 70) for 4.0 contact hours.
Parking is available in the visitor parking structure (No. 2). Parking is free for visits under an hour. For one to four-hour visits, the rate is $3. Fees beyond 4 hours are an additional $2 every 15 minutes with a maximum of $20 a day. A multiday parking pass is available from the parking attendant for $15.
Patient Safety Summit
If you have questions about an event or anything else, our consumer information specialists are here to help you. Specialists are available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm to take your call. Call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277).
We have received your request. A consumer information specialist will contact you within one business day.