Sharp HealthCare Laboratory Science Symposium
The 18th annual symposium is sponsored by Sharp HealthCare Laboratory Education and is intended for clinical laboratory scientists, medical laboratory technicians, certified phlebotomy technicians and other laboratorians.
Laboratorians live in an ever-changing world with new instrumentation, staff training/development challenges and shrinking budgets. Amidst these changes we must strive to provide accurate results and ensure patient safety. This symposium provides insight into a wide range of topics including new lab assay development, critical thinking skills for interpretation of lab results, mentoring future laboratory leaders, new therapies in transfusion medicine and the role of laboratory testing in disease risk assessment.
At the conclusion of this seminar, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the role of laboratory testing in the outcome of a successful clinical trial
- Describe the importance of feedback in the leadership development process
- Describe the goals and components of an antimicrobial stewardship program
- Discuss the impact rapid molecular diagnostics has on antimicrobial stewardship and patient outcomes
- Recognize incorrect coagulation results due to assay interferences
- Discuss the differences between a targeted and a whole genome approach to personalized medicine
- Discuss the changing role of blood transfusions in this era of new anticoagulation drugs
- Identify at least three leadership/personal development tools
- Describe the cord blood collection and banking process
- Describe the role of laboratory testing in addition to history and physical exam in early diagnosis of anemia
- Discuss evidence based medicine on the use of lab values to improve patient outcomes
- Explain the value of identifying albumin in the urine for early detection of chronic kidney disease and discuss interventional therapies to delay disease progression
- Design safe laboratory protocols to prevent clinically relevant cases of left shift being missed by the laboratory
Participants may attend one day ($85) or both days ($150) of the symposium. This is a free event for Sharp HealthCare employees.
To register, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm. Please make sure to have your session choices ready to provide to the agent.
Select a Date
|Date & Time||Presented by||Location|
Wednesday, April 29
8 am to 4:15 pm
Sharp Corporate Office Auditorium