Classes and Events
Sharp HealthCare's 2015 Primary Care Conference
Aloha from the Big Island! Sharp HealthCare invites you to attend its 12th annual Primary Care Conference, Dec. 3-7, 2015.
The Continuing Medical Education event will focus on the educational needs of primary care physicians, including family physicians, internists and any others interested in learning about the latest developments in the field of primary care medicine.
Following this conference, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the impact of generational characteristics on physician learning
- Explain new strategies for the management of atrial fibrillation
- Utilize evidence based approaches to screening and diagnosis of coronary artery disease
- Describe optimal approaches to initiating and monitoring opioid therapy for chronic pain
- Discuss current guidelines in ophthalmology and recognize eye emergencies
- Discuss techniques to maximize the use of electronic health record and effectively manage EHR limitations
- Differentiate and apply various skills related to physician wellness
- Discuss key components of the psychiatric evaluation and effective approaches to challenging patient problems
- Identify successful approaches to common problems in dermatology
- Discuss common pre- and post-menopausal conditions