Classes and Events
Temporary Invasive Pacing Class
No dates for this event are scheduled right now. Check back again soon.
This class teaches Sharp HealthCare registered nurses the indications for use and troubleshooting techniques for the Medtronic 5392 pacemaker. A hands-on demonstration will be included.
Upon completion of this class, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the basic concepts of temporary pacemaker therapy
- Describe the common modes of pacing and state indications for each mode
- State how to institute emergency pacing
- Identify failure to pace, failure to capture, overseing and under-sensing for both single and dual chamber pacemaker therapy
- Demonstrate how to initiate pacemaker therapy, as well as stimulation and sensing thresholds, using the Medtronic 5392 pacemaker
- Analyze various ECG strips and determine appropriate nursing actions