Tuberculosis Skin Reading Class
The Tuberculosis Skin Reading class will prepare health care workers to read PPD (tuberculosis skin test) results for patients and staff.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission and pathogenesis
- Differentiate between Latent TB infection (LTBI) and active TB disease
- Demonstrate the proper administration and interpretation of the Mantoux TB skin test
- Explain the correct and incorrect methods of placing, reading and interpreting Tuberculin Skin Tests
- Explain the answers to frequently asked questions by health care workers and patients
No dates for this event are scheduled right now. Check back again soon.