Women's Cardiovascular Health Evaluation Screening
With everything on your plate in a given day, it can be hard to find time for yourself. But while you’re getting through your to-do list, your heart could be trying to tell you that it needs some attention.
Cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of women — and the symptoms aren’t always obvious. As East San Diego County’s leading provider of heart and vascular care, Sharp Grossmont Hospital now offers a cardiovascular evaluation designed to give busy women like you a clearer picture of your heart health in just a few hours.
- Abdominal aortic ultrasound to check for weakened aortic walls (aneurysms)
- Ankle-brachial index to test for peripheral arterial disease
- Blood glucose check to test for prediabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Blood pressure check
- Body mass index (BMI), body fat and hip-waist ratio measurements
- Carotid ultrasound to detect early signs of plaque buildup in arteries
- Cholesterol panel
- C-reactive protein assessment to test for arterial inflammation
- Lifestyle and family history analysis
Nutrition — You will get a 30-minute consultation with a registered dietitian to create a nutrition plan customized for your lifestyle and health goals.
Results Overview — After your screenings, you will meet with a registered nurse to review your findings and get answers to any questions you may have. If needed, we will design a follow-up treatment plan involving your primary care doctor.
At $149, this comprehensive cardiovascular health evaluation is a real value. Comparable screenings can cost more than $400 and do not include consultations with an experienced clinician and dietitian.
Please note, although this is a women’s cardiovascular health evaluation, this screening is appropriate for men and they are welcome to enroll.
Select a Date
|Date & Time||Presented by||Location|
Thursday, Sept. 4
7:30 to 10 am
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Hospital Cardiovascular Diagnostic Center