Sharp Medical Groups
A medical group is a network of doctors who have agreed to work together to contract with health plans and to coordinate patient care. When you choose a medical group, you are choosing the specific group of doctors who will provide your care — from primary care physicians to specialists.
If your insurance is a PPO, you do not need to choose a medical group.
If your insurance is an HMO, it is important to choose a medical group because all of your care will be provided by doctors in that group.
If you do not have insurance, we invite you to sign up for Sharp Health Plan, which offers a variety of health insurance options for individuals, families and businesses.
Sharp's two medical groups make it easy for you to find a doctor you're comfortable with at a location that's convenient for you. Both medical groups offer direct access to The Sharp Experience, clinical excellence, advanced technology and coordinated, affordable care.
Sharp Community Medical Group
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) includes more than 225 primary care physicians and more than 530 specialists. SCMG provides:
- 350 locations serving San Diego County communities
- Access to FollowMyHealth® — a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online — for many Sharp Community participating physicians
- Admission to your local hospital, including Sharp's four acute-care hospitals, as well as Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- Physician offices in your neighborhood
- SCMG accepts most insurance plans
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group includes 500 primary care physicians and specialists. Sharp Rees-Stealy provides:
- 22 locations across San Diego County
- Access to FollowMyHealth®, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online
- Fully integrated clinics all under one roof
- Sharp Nurse Connection®, a 24-hour hotline for patients to speak with registered nurses
- Sharp Rees-Stealy accepts most insurance plans
Find a Sharp-Affiliated Doctor
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor in one of Sharp's medical groups, call 1-800-82-SHARP ( 1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or search for an SCMG doctor or search for a Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I have caring values and a sincere approach to helping patients achieve optimal health."
"I believe in caring for the whole person and the whole health of the mind, body and spirit."
"The health of your family and employees is important to me, so I am dedicated to providing quality medical care."
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."
"My mission is to treat patients how I would want to be treated — with care, concern and understanding."
"The Sharp Experience is providing the right care at the right time in a manner in which the patient feels like family."