Sharp Medical Groups
Sharp's medical groups make it easy for you to find a doctor you're comfortable with at a location that's convenient for you. Each medical group offers direct access to The Sharp Experience, clinical excellence, advanced technology and compassionate, affordable care.
Sharp Community Medical Group
- 350 locations throughout San Diego County
- Access to FollowMyHealth® — a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online — for patients of many Sharp Community participating physicians
- Admission to your local hospital, including Sharp's four acute-care hospitals, as well as Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- Physician offices in your neighborhood
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
- 22 locations throughout San Diego County
- Access to FollowMyHealth®, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online
- Fully integrated medical services all in one location or near one another
- Sharp Nurse Connection®, a 24-hour phone service for patients to speak with registered nurses
How medical groups work.
A medical group is a network of doctors who have agreed to work together to contract with health plans and to coordinate patient care. When you choose a medical group, you are choosing the specific group of doctors who will provide your care — from primary care physicians to specialists.
If your insurance is a PPO, you do not need to choose a medical group.
If your insurance is an HMO, it is important to choose a medical group because all of your care will be provided by doctors in that group.
If you do not have insurance, we welcome you to sign up for Sharp Health Plan, which offers a variety of health insurance options for individuals, families and businesses.
Find the doctor who is right for you.
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor in one of our medical groups, please call 1-800-82-SHARP ( 1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, or search for an SCMG doctor or a Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in primary care in San Diego.
"I empower each patient to achieve optimal health in order to live a long, healthy and happy life."
"The Sharp Experience means providing superior care to maintain optimal patient health."
"I value, respect and listen to my patients so they feel cared for during every step of the medical process."
"I work with my patients to help them achieve the best current and future health possible."
"My definition of a good doctor is giving the best medical care possible and being available when the patient needs you."