Sharp HealthCare provides comprehensive heart, blood vessel and lung services through its affiliated physicians' offices and hospital-based inpatient programs across San Diego. Physicians practicing out of the Sharp Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center specialize in the following treatments and conditions:
- Aortic, mitral and tricuspid valve repair or replacement procedures utilizing traditional open, minimally invasive or transcatheter approaches (TAVR)
- Bypassing blocked arteries of the heart (coronary artery bypass grafting, or CABG)
- All available treatments for a weakened heart — congestive heart failure (CHF) including transplantation, mechanical circulatory support or left ventricular assist devices (LVAD) and temporary support of the failing heart and lungs with mechanical cardiopulmonary support (ECMO)
- Management of cardiac arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation procedures (Maze) and ventricular arrhythmia ablation
- Aneurysm repair of the thoracic or abdominal aorta and its branches utilizing traditional open or endovascular techniques (TVAR and EVAR)
- Bypassing or removing the blockage from the blood vessels including the carotid, abdominal or peripheral arteries
- Removal of lung cancer or other defects utilizing traditional open or minimally invasive endoscopic (video-assisted thoracic surgery, or VATS) procedures
- Repair or removal of tumors or other diseases affecting the pleura (space around the lung) or mediastinum
- Repair or resection of the esophagus
Sharp Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center Physicians
Sharp-affiliated physicians practicing out of the Sharp Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center include:
Sharp Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center
8010 Frost St., Suite 408
San Diego, CA 92123
The Sharp Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center can be reached at 858-939-7471, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 am to 5 pm.
Find a San Diego Cardiologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego cardiologist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Information
To find general information about heart and vascular care, visit Cardiovascular Diseases in Adult Health or read the Heart and Cardiovascular News archive.