Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
Making a difference in the South Bay since 1966.
The Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Auxiliary has actively provided volunteer service to the hospital for 50 years. Founded in 1966 to support the Community Hospital of Chula Vista (now Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center), the Auxiliary moved with the hospital to Medical Center Court in 1975. With more than 300 men, women and student volunteers, the Auxiliary contributes 50,000 hours of service to the hospital and surrounding communities each year.
The continuing purpose of the Auxiliary Volunteer Program is to render service to the hospital and its patients through volunteer opportunities, promotion of the health and welfare of the community and fundraising. To accomplish this, we rely on volunteers with a diverse range of skills and experience. We work hard to match the interests of our volunteers with the needs of the hospital. Our volunteers fulfill important roles, including:
- Assisting staff throughout the hospital campus, including all patient floors, emergency department, Birch Patrick Convalescent Center and Douglas & Nancy Barnhart Cancer Center
- Greeting and escorting patients and visitors
- Helping raise funds to support hospital programs and services
- Patient support through integrative services
- Providing clerical support to hospital departments
- Running errands for hospital departments
- Staffing a campus shuttle for patients, visitors and employees
- Staffing the Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary's gift shop
- Visiting patients as part of our pet and clown therapy programs
Benefits of being a volunteer.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to give back to the community, meet new people and make an important difference. Other benefits of volunteering at Sharp Chula Vista include:
- Career exploration for high school students
- Discounts at Sharp hospital pharmacies
- $6 meal voucher while on duty
- Group discounts to area attractions and events
- Leadership-building opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities for college students
- Social events
- Use of hospital medical library
To learn more about becoming a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, please select one of the following links:
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I believe in empowering women with knowledge and assisting them in making the best medical choices."
"My goal is to have my patients feel the warmth of my true concern for their health."
"I work to provide centered care, focused on the functional recovery of each patient."
"My goal is to provide high-quality health care to women throughout all stages of life."