Sharp Coronado Hospital
Liver Care at Sharp Coronado Hospital
Sharp Coronado Hospital provides a range of services for adults of all ages with liver damage and disease.
Why choose Sharp Coronado's liver care services?
- Patients with end-stage liver disease can receive the continuity of care they need through a joint liver transplantation program between Sharp HealthCare and UC San Diego Health
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care at one location includes liver and other specialists, registered dietitians, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists and laboratory and radiology staff
- Healing environment, with personalized care as part of the Planetree patient-centered model
- We use a molecular absorbent recirculating system (MARS®), a cutting-edge system for liver dialysis that decreases the symptoms of liver failure and creates a bridge to transplant for certain patients
- Phase I and II clinical trials conducted on-site to investigate new drug therapies and procedures for liver disease
- World-renowned, board-certified physicians trained in all aspects of liver disease, including pre- and post-transplant
Our liver care programs and services.
We offer services to treat a variety of liver conditions, whether inherited or in response to a virus or other cause. Conditions include:
- Genetic liver disease
- Liver cancer
- Viral hepatitis
Our liver care team.
The objective of our team is to restore each person to an optimal level of function, and to improve quality of life. Patients receive treatment from board-certified gastroenterologists, hepatologists and other specialized physicians and caregivers.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I provide a top-notch team approach to delivering patient care with attention to comfort."
"I provide specialized, individualized care to address the needs of individuals with liver and GI diseases."
"I treat my patients as I would family and dedicate my full time and attention that I feel they deserve."
"My goal is to go the extra mile for everyone and to treat each person as a unique individual."