Sharp Coronado Hospital
Orthopedics at Sharp Coronado Hospital
Caring for Coronado and San Diego.
The Orthopedic Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital provides highly advanced and comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and therapy for arthritic and orthopedic conditions, which is why the hospital is one of the leading destinations for Total Joint Replacement surgery in San Diego County. Throughout all phases of care, our team of physicians, nurses, employees and volunteers focus on helping patients reach their highest level of functioning and wellness.
Why choose Sharp Coronado's orthopedics services?
- 8 out of 10 patients return home within 2 days of surgery
- Consistently high patient satisfaction scores
- Recognized nationally for excellence in joint replacement
- Expert clinical care enriched with spa at the bedside services
- First and only hospital in San Diego County to use the minimally invasive technology MAKOplasty®
- Only hospital on the West Coast to use Sterro Orthopaedic Radiogram (RSA), a methodology that takes 3-D image measurements of total joint replacement implants
- Fully equipped Sewall Healthy Living Center for physical therapy and postoperative strength building
- More than 500 elective joint replacement surgeries performed each year
- Long-term monitoring and follow-up service for total joint replacement patients
- Patients participate in their care through education, unrestricted access to medical records and the Care Partners Program, which brings patients' family members into the care process
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in orthopedic surgery in San Diego.
"I believe in focused and personal attention, education and technical surgical excellence."
"Life is an extraordinary gift and physicians have an opportunity to improve everyone's quality of life."
"I make every effort to deliver comprehensive and quality orthopedic care tailored to individual needs."
"Being available, affable and able are the rules to to which I personally ascribe."
"My goal is to improve the quality of life of patients who are limited by painful bone and/or joint disorders."