Sharp Coronado Hospital
Orthopedics at Sharp Coronado Hospital
Caring for Coronado and San Diego
The Orthopedic Department at Sharp Coronado Hospital provides highly advanced and comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and therapy for arthritic and orthopedic conditions, which is why the hospital is one of the leading destinations for Total Joint Replacement surgery in San Diego County. Throughout all phases of care, our team of physicians, nurses, employees and volunteers focus on helping patients reach their highest level of functioning and wellness.
Why Choose Sharp Coronado's Orthopedics Services?
- 8 out of 10 patients return home within 3 1/2 days of surgery
- Consistently high patient satisfaction scores
- Expert clinical care enriched with "spa at the bedside" services
- First and only hospital in San Diego County to use minimally invasive technology,MAKOplasty®, for treating chronic osteoarthritis knee pain.
- Fully equipped Sewall Healthy Living Center for physical therapy and postoperative strength building
- High-volume orthopedic service with more than 1,500 elective joint replacement surgeries performed each year
- Long-term monitoring and follow-up service for hip replacements
- One of the few hospitals in the country delivering continuous femoral nerve block, lumbar plexus block, interscalene block and regional anesthesia
- Patients participate in their care through education, unrestricted access to medical records and the Care Partners Program, which brings patients' family members into the care process
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in orthopedic surgery in San Diego.
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."
"I approach every patient as an individual and look at every problem as important."
"I believe in focused and personal attention, education and technical surgical excellence."
"My goal is to improve the quality of life of patients who are limited by painful bone and/or joint disorders."
"Life is an extraordinary gift and physicians have an opportunity to improve everyone's quality of life."