Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Specialty care for infants.
If your baby was born premature or with complications, Sharp Grossmont Hospital has a technologically advanced neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) designed to provide the highest level of care for babies who need special attention. Our dedicated nurses and physicians will support your family every step of the way and help your little one get the best possible start in life.
Why choose Sharp Grossmont Hospital for neonatal intensive care?
- A Level III NICU offering care for up to 24 infants at a time including specialized medical care and the ability to care for ventilator-dependent babies
- A family-centered environment that allows parents and family members to play an integral role in decisions regarding baby's care
- Programs to promote and support exclusive breastfeeding and skin-to-skin time between mother and baby, as well as kangaroo care — techniques that encourage bonding, interaction and cuddling so parents can be close to baby
- Developmental care provided in the NICU designed to promote optimal growth for premature infants to support optimal brain development
- In special circumstances, a private room is available for parents and baby to stay together and actively care for the baby to assist in the transition from hospital to home when the time comes
- Secure online viewing through NICVIEW camera system to let families watch and bond with baby even if they're away
- Recent enhancements, including new flooring
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's NICU team.
The multidisciplinary NICU team includes:
- Nurse lactation specialists
- Neonatal intensive care unit clinical nurse specialist
- Respiratory care practitioner
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Research specialists
- Social workers
Schedule a tour of Sharp Grossmont Hospital Women's Health Center.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in obstetrics/gynecology in San Diego.
"I believe in working with the patient to find the best treatment options for each individual."
"My office takes pride in our warm, caring and very individual approach to each patient."
"I work to provide patients with the opportunity to take an active role in their care with an individualized treatment plan."