Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Palliative Care Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Caring for patients with chronic or debilitating illnesses.
Palliative care is as much a philosophy as it is a method for delivery of care. The goal is to provide care for patients by relieving suffering and supporting them with the best quality of life, regardless of disease stage or need for other therapies.
Why choose Sharp Grossmont's palliative care services?
- As part of Sharp Grossmont Hospital's services, palliative care does not incur further costs to the patient
- Palliative Care Services provides care for all patients with life-threatening or debilitating conditions, regardless of the patients' age
- Palliative care staff support patients and their families by offering peace and dignity throughout the course of illness, the dying process and death
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital established Palliative Care Services in October 2003 and has provided services to more than 1,500 patients and their families since then
- The palliative care staff provide care focused on symptom management along with life-prolonging treatment
Conditions helped by palliative care.
Palliative care is appropriate for patients dealing with cancer, heart conditions, liver failure, renal failure, Alzheimer's disease, spinal cord injuries and other chronic conditions.
Sharp Grossmont's palliative care team.
The palliative care team at Sharp Grossmont Hospital is an interdisciplinary group of professionals that includes a medical director, RN case manager, social worker and chaplain. The team works together with the patient, family, physician and other medical staff to identify and address the physical, psychological, spiritual and practical burdens of illness.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I provide specialized, individualized care to address the needs of individuals with liver and GI diseases."
"I strive to treat each patient with care and respect, while restoring life and relieving symptoms."
"Maintaining good health requires the patient and the physician work together to treat health issues but also prevent them."
"My goal is to provide you with the best options available for your care and well-being."