Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Rehabilitation Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Helping patients return to life's activities.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's rehabilitation program offers a wide range of services that allows patients who have had a catastrophic injury or disabling illness to more easily return to their highest level of independence. We offer rehabilitation services at two locations — the Sharp Grossmont Rehabilitation Center on the hospital campus, as well as the Brier Patch facility behind the hospital.
Why choose Sharp Grossmont's Rehabilitation Services?
- Our rehabilitation facilities are well designed and spacious, with large windows and well-appointed landscape that facilitates a calm, healing environment
- Our team guides patients through the various stages of care to provide seamless transitions from the acute-care hospital to inpatient rehabilitation to home
- We are recognized in the top 9 percent out of more than 805 rehabilitation centers across the nation for patient outcomes
- We foster a continuous learning environment for patients and their families to understand treatments and procedures thoroughly
- We have one of the few rehabilitation programs in San Diego to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for exceeding patient outcomes in the stroke specialty program
Our rehabilitation programs and services.
Outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation is available for patients in need of rehabilitation care.
- Aquatic recreational therapy program, which includes adaptive aquatics, Ai Chi, aquacise, arthritis aquatics and infant water adjustment
- Balance and vestibular program
- Hand therapy
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Voice and swallowing services
Read our Patient and Family Welcome Book (PDF) to learn more.
The rehabilitation team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes board-certified rehabilitation physicians; nurses; social workers; physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists; neurological psychologists; and case managers.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."
"I want my patients to feel safe, to feel that all their concerns are being addressed."
"I am dedicated to treating the whole person by considering a patient's emotional and physical needs. "
"I believe in working with the patient to find the best treatment options for each individual."