Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Rehabilitation Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Helping patients return to life's activities.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital's rehabilitation program offers a wide range of services that allows patients who have had a catastrophic injury or disabling illness to more easily return to their highest level of independence. We offer rehabilitation services at two locations — the Sharp Grossmont Rehabilitation Center on the hospital campus, as well as the Brier Patch facility behind the hospital.
Why choose Sharp Grossmont's Rehabilitation Services?
- Our rehabilitation facilities are well designed and spacious, with large windows and well-appointed landscape that facilitates a calm, healing environment
- Our team guides patients through the various stages of care to provide seamless transitions from the acute-care hospital to inpatient rehabilitation to home
- We are recognized in the top 9 percent out of more than 805 rehabilitation centers across the nation for patient outcomes
- We foster a continuous learning environment for patients and their families to understand treatments and procedures thoroughly
- We have one of the few rehabilitation programs in San Diego to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for exceeding patient outcomes in the stroke specialty program
Our rehabilitation programs and services.
Outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation is available for patients in need of rehabilitation care.
- Aquatic recreational therapy program, which includes adaptive aquatics, Ai Chi, aquacise, arthritis aquatics and infant water adjustment
- Balance and vestibular program
- Hand therapy
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Voice and swallowing services
Read our Patient and Family Welcome Book (PDF) to learn more.
The rehabilitation team consists of a dedicated staff of experienced professionals who care for the patient from admission through discharge. The team includes board-certified rehabilitation physicians; nurses; social workers; physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists; neurological psychologists; and case managers.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I strive to improve the health of my patients and our society by providing excellent advice, therapy and prevention of infectious disease."
"Maintaining good health requires the patient and the physician work together to treat health issues but also prevent them."
"I am dedicated to providing innovative and comprehensive lung and heart surgical treatment."
"I will deliver the best care in the most efficient way, and strive for happy and satisfied patients."
"From the initial point of contact through discharge, I strive for the highest quality of patient care."
"I strive to treat each patient with care and respect, while restoring life and relieving symptoms."