Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Spiritual Care Services at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers spiritual care services through a ministry of presence, companionship and willingness to listen to people celebrate their joys, share their sadness, confront their fears of illness, and help them experience and draw upon their spiritual resources to create a sense of wholeness and well-being.
Our chaplains are clergy or specially trained lay men and women who understand the relationship between faith and illness and the concerns that can arise in a hospital setting. As part of the integrated health care team, chaplains work to promote harmony and healing of mind, body and spirit. Chaplains are of all faiths and denominations and can assist with special requests for services from a specific faith group.
Spiritual care support and services.
We offer the following services with respect for the diverse multicultural and multifaith needs:
- Baby Blessing Program
- Daily communion from Eucharistic ministers
- Ministry to the staff on a personal and professional level
- Remembrance Services twice a year
- Rituals and sacraments to spiritually connect patients, families and staff
- Spiritual care and support for patients and families
- Spiritual resources: bibles and devotional materials
- Support for those who have experienced a loss
- The 11th Hour Program provides compassionate care and companionship to patients during the final hours of life
- Emergency calls: call the operator
- Every day (in-house): 8 am to 8 pm
- On call: after 8:30 pm
Center for Spiritual Care and Interfaith Chapel location.
The Center for Spiritual Care and Interfaith Chapel is located on the first floor of the main hospital near the lobby. The chapel is open 24 hours a day. We welcome all staff, patients and visitors.
Services are offered every Sunday from 11:30 am to noon at the entrance to the Rehabilitation Center on the Sharp Grossmont campus.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"Being available, affable and able are the rules to to which I personally ascribe."
"Maintaining good health requires the patient and the physician work together to treat health issues but also prevent them."
"My goal is to provide the safest and most effective cardiac surgical care for each individual patient."
"It is an honor to be part of an organization that strives for excellence and takes pride in their work."
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"Being a physician has been a calling for me. I love my work; it is not a job."