Sharp Memorial Hospital
Breast Health Navigator Program at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
Sharp Memorial Hospital's Nurse Navigator Program provides personalized information and guidance for breast cancer patients and their families.
The nurse navigator:
- Connects patients with available community resources, services and support
- Guides patients and their families through the complexities of the health care system
- Helps patients understand their treatment options
- Identifies financial assistance that matches health care needs
- Provides patients with compassionate, ongoing support from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship
Leading the program is a nurse navigator dedicated to our Breast Health Center patients. Maureen Wallace, RN, BSN, CCM, CN-BNRN, is a certified case manager and certified breast navigator with more than 35 years of nursing experience caring women before and after surgery. She was recently recognized with Sharp HealthCare's Sally Breuner Haugh Spirit of Caring Award.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I am a firm believer in a holistic, integrative approach to cancer treatment and prevention."
"I am currently only accepting newborn patients. I provide excellent care to my patients and their families through the support of an organization dedicated to patient satisfaction."
"The Sharp Experience means listening and striving to provide superior medical care."
"I take the time to listen to my patients concerns in order to recognize individual goals."
"My mission is to provide high-quality, personal health care to each and every patient."
"I aim to provide high-quality care in a friendly environment and to recognize each patient's needs."
"I strive to instill in each of my patients a will to heal and a confidence in themselves."