Sharp Memorial Hospital
Breast Health Navigator Program at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
The Nurse Navigator Program at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion provides personalized information and guidance for breast cancer patients and their families.
The nurse navigator:
- Connects patients with available community resources, services and support
- Guides patients and their families through the complexities of the health care system
- Helps patients understand their treatment options
- Identifies financial assistance that matches health care needs
- Provides patients with compassionate, ongoing support from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship
Leading the program is a nurse navigator dedicated to our Breast Health Center patients. Maureen Wallace, RN, BSN, CCM, CN-BNRN, is a certified case manager and certified breast navigator with more than 35 years of nursing experience caring women before and after surgery. She was recently recognized with Sharp HealthCare's Sally Breuner Haugh Spirit of Caring Award.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I value, respect and listen to my patients so they feel cared for during every step of the medical process."
"My patients will always have my full attention and I will do my best to help them."
"The thought of helping kids when they cannot express themselves is very compelling."
"I believe in patient education followed by skillful execution of a procedure and careful follow-up care."
"My goal is to provide information and treatment options to help you through this challenging time."