Sharp Memorial Hospital
Cancer Care at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Providing the best cancer treatments without leaving San Diego.
Sharp Memorial Hospital provides San Diego cancer patients an opportunity for a cure — from state-of-the-art surgical services and inpatient care inside the hospital to comprehensive outpatient services such as imaging, chemotherapy and radiation within the adjacent Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion.
Why choose Sharp Memorial Hospital for cancer services?
- A leader in experimental clinical oncology and access to clinical trials offering the latest cancer treatments available
- First in San Diego to use the da Vinci® Surgical System for robotic surgery, providing less invasive procedures, less pain and faster recovery
- Five-year survival rates higher than national average for breast and lung cancer
- Prestigious accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center
- Accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- State-of-the-art radiation therapies
- Genetic counselor specializing in cancer risk
- Breast Health Center that specializes in caring for women with breast cancer and other breast conditions
- Neuro-Oncology Center that offers highly specialized care for patients with brain tumors, as well as access to cutting-edge clinical trials
- Only Sharp HealthCare facility that offers 3-D mammography
- Free support services (including counseling, support groups, education and referrals) and complementary therapies, such as guided imagery and healing touch
- Surgical inpatients recover at Sharp Memorial Hospital, which features all private patient rooms with a sleeper sofa where a loved one can stay the night
- Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion offers an environment designed to promote healing and comfort
The right treatment for you.
Sharp Memorial Hospital provides a wide range of cancer care services including outpatient therapy and wellness treatments available just steps away at the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion.
- Breast Health Center
- Cancer clinical trials
- Community Health Library
- Diagnostic imaging
- Genetic counselor
- Neuro-Oncology Center
- Nurse navigators
- Outpatient surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Support services and healing therapies
- Women's imaging (stereotactic biopsy, mammograms)
Learn about Sharp's full range of cancer services.
Our cancer experts are here to help.
We use a collaborative practice model, meaning that the same physician/nurse team manages a caseload of patients, so that every patient has the same doctor and nurse every time they come to the facility. This team approach to cancer treatment ensures optimal treatment methodologies and ensures the best possible outcomes for patients and their families.