Sharp Memorial Hospital
Heart and Vascular Care at Sharp Memorial Hospital
If you or someone you love suffers from heart (cardiac) or vascular disease, Sharp Memorial Hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and a full range of treatments to help you live a longer, healthier life.
Why choose Sharp Memorial's heart and vascular care?
- Beginning with San Diego's first heart transplant, this team of renowned cardiologists and surgeons has earned a global reputation for innovation and success
- A history of pioneering research in mechanical hearts, including left ventricular assist devices ( LVADs), makes Sharp Memorial a place of hope for patients experiencing heart failure
- Innovative treatments for atrial fibrillation (AFib), including ablation procedures designed to restore regular rhythm, reduce stroke risk and enable patients to stop taking blood thinners and other medications
- Our experienced team of surgeons completes more than 100 mitral valve repairs a year
- Sharp Memorial offers aortic valve replacement without open-heart surgery
Meet our heart and vascular team.
The Sharp Memorial heart and vascular team is led by board-certified medical directors who ensure that you and your family receive the best care possible. Our affiliated cardiologists are experts in their field, mentoring and advising cardiologists on complex cases all over the world.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in heart surgery in San Diego.
"The Sharp Experience is the human touch - the ability to connect with another human being."
"I make sure my patients are supported and informed to lead healthy, productive lives."
"The needs of each patient is always my top priority. I treat everyone with the utmost respect."
"The best outcomes result from open communication between the physician and patient."
"The Sharp Experience for me is about keeping people healthy so they can do what they love and enjoy a fulfilling life."
"I strive to help patients feel better and live longer with compassion, understanding and trained hands of experience."