Sharp Memorial Hospital
Weight-Loss (Bariatric) Surgery at Sharp Memorial Hospital
Specializing in the most advanced type of weight-loss surgery.
As a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®, Sharp Memorial Hospital is a leader in minimally invasive weight-loss procedures. Our expert caregivers, including a team of certified bariatric nurses, are dedicated to helping patients achieve their desired results.
Why choose Sharp Memorial for weight-loss surgery?
- Named a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a joint accreditation by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the American College of Surgeons, which recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of excellence in bariatric care
- Low complication rate — well below the national average
- 99 percent of surgeries are performed laparoscopically, which results in fewer complications and a shorter hospital stay
- Board-certified surgeons who specialize in bariatric procedures, with a combined 50 years of experience
- Dedicated registered dietitian who specializes in working with bariatric surgery patients to help them achieve long-term success
- Free nutritional and behavioral health support groups both before and after surgery
- Three surgical options: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, vertical sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic gastric banding (Lap-Band®)
- Patients recover in a private room equipped with a sofa sleeper where a loved one can spend the night
Meet our weight-loss surgery team.
Sharp Memorial's Weight-Loss Surgery Program is under the medical direction of Dr. George Mueller. The team's approach to specialized patient care before, during and after surgery promotes long-term success.
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors specializing in general surgery - bariatric surgery in San Diego.
"Personal attention means listening carefully and providing superior surgical care."
"I specialize in performing weight-loss surgery to increase patients' health and quality of life."