Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Mental Health Support for Military Veterans
Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital is setting the standard of excellence by providing compassionate, innovative and specialized mental health treatment for military veterans and their families.
The Veterans Engaging in Supportive Treatment (VEST) program provides a safe and supportive environment for military veterans who participated in conflicts such as Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation New Dawn. Evidence-based practices are used to provide comprehensive treatment for post-traumatic stress and substance abuse, and the impacts of these conditions on individuals and families.The confidential VEST program provides specialized care for veterans and features:
- Individual, group and family sessions, which address the impact of combat stress and unhealthy coping skills
- Tools to help individuals manage their symptoms and foster relationships
- Staffing by caregivers familiar with military culture and the challenges of combat deployment
- A program that engages family members as part of the veteran's care team
- A spousal support program that provides the tools necessary for military spouses to cope with the stress, loneliness and/or adjustment that can occur when a loved one deploys
Choose the best doctor in San Diego for you.
View doctors in San Diego.
"I use evidence-based treatments to promote the accurate diagnosis, well-being and recovery for children and adolescents."
"I strive to instill in each of my patients a will to heal and a confidence in themselves."
"Patients are satisfied when they receive top-quality care for a broad range of medical problems."
"My goal is to serve the family's medical needs with an emphasis on keeping everyone healthy."